"I don't worry at all. I have a feeling I can do anything here. Anything can happen here. It is a little like being a child, with faith, again." - George Lukk, post-war immigrant

Friday 4 July 2014

Toronto



Ok so first of all, this is about two & a half months late... But better late than never, eh?
Second, I'm not sure if I remember anything anymore.
But anyway, here's a recap of my weekend trip to Toronto:

So when I realized that I'd be leaving soon and I still hadn't been to Toronto I quickly booked two nights in a hostel. I didn't even ask anyone to come with me cause that way I'd be free to do whatever I wanted and get the most out of it.

I stayed in Canadiana Backpackers Inn which was the best hostel I've ever been in. And also the cheapest option. AND it's downtown so you can walk everywhere.

As soon as I'd checked myself in I hurried to the CN Tower because it was starting to get cloudy. I had bought my ticket online so I didn't have to stand in lines. You also save a couple of bucks that way. I went all the way up to the Skypod (447m) which costs $12 more dollars but I'd say it's worth it. The whole thing cost $40. That's quite a lot when you think about it but no regrets here. If you have more time and want to go places, you can buy the CityPass, which gets you access to the CN tower, Royal Ontario Museum, Casa Loma, Toronto Zoo and Ontario Science Centre. You could save some money even if you don't go to each of them. For hockey fanatics there's the Hockey Hall of Fame.



From the CN tower. The glass floor freaked me out but eventually i gathered my courage to stand there. Below is the Aquarium, which I've heard is also worth a visit. 


Next I took the ferry to the Toronto Islands. It was mid April and the Islands were a bit gloomy because nothing was blooming yet. The little farm was closed and there was nothing else to do either. So I actually just ended walking for hours with uncomfortable shoes. The only upside was the view of downtown Toronto. But don't get me wrong! I'm not saying I wouldn't go there again, I'd just go there in the summer and take a bike with me. The ferry ticket was about $10 I think. 

For the rest of my time there I just walked around the downtown area with my camera visiting all the different neighbourhoods. Well not all of them of course. Toronto is one of the most multicultural cities and it's also clearly visible, which makes it an especially lovely place. The Londoners had said on multiple occasions that Toronto is too big but to me it seemed just perfect. It was calm, safe, pretty, versatile, and most important of all, not too busy. I'd totally see myself living there.





*******

Let's see when I'll manage to write the one about New York.....


*****

P.s. Four months is not enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment