"I don't worry at all. I have a feeling I can do anything here. Anything can happen here. It is a little like being a child, with faith, again." - George Lukk, post-war immigrant

Wednesday 13 November 2013

Fanshawe College and my living arrangements

"Fanshawe College is one of the largest colleges in Ontario, Canada. The main campus is in London, Ontario, with additional campuses in Simcoe, St. Thomas, Woodstock, and Tillsonburg. There are approximately 17,000 full-time students and 26,000 part-time students. Fanshawe College has more than 150,000 alumni."

I'm pretty sure the Fanshawe London Campus will seem like a city compared to our little Porvoo "campus". There are several restaurants and cafeterias (Tim Hortons, Pizza Pizza, Outback Shack etc), gym and squash courts, pharmacy, student residences, hair salon, radio and tv stations etc etc...

Here is a link to a video about the campus.


I will not be staying in the student residences that are on campus but in a Townhouse unit (Kestrel Court) which is just on the other side of the road from the main entrance.
The apartments have two floors, and there are six bedrooms on the upper floor and two bedrooms and a kitchen on the lower floor. Light housekeeping once a week is included in the rent.
I chose  Kestrel Court mainly because a meal plan wasn't required like in the campus residence. Also, there is a proper kitchen.

Here is link to a video about the residences. Kestrel part starts at 1:25.

Kestrel Court

London Campus
Main Entrance

The courses I selected. Let's hope I can take all of them and don't need to do any changes...

1 comment:

  1. what do mean? is the meal plan not included in the fee structure of kestrel college?

    ReplyDelete