"I don't worry at all. I have a feeling I can do anything here. Anything can happen here. It is a little like being a child, with faith, again." - George Lukk, post-war immigrant

Tuesday 12 November 2013

What, where, when and why?

So... I decided it's time to start this blog because I was annoying my friends with constant blabbing about Canada... Sorry for that guys!
I'm going to write all my posts in English so all my friends can read this blog if they're interested.



Here's a summary of what this blog is about:

What and where?
I'm moving to London, Ontario, Canada (somewhere under the M in SMOG^^) in the beginning of January for at least four months. I will do the spring semester in Fanshawe College (about which I'll tell you later) studying Hospitality Management. I've chosen y courses already, and mostly I'm doing optional courses like Mixology and Wines Discovery. Hmm... I am a Finn indeed.


When?
The semester begins on 6th of January and ends on 25th of April so it lasts four months. But if I manage to get an internship in Toronto (or London or somewhere close or maybe New York or wherever) I'd be more than happy to stay there for a longer period of time. Or who knows if I'll ever come back......


Why?
Why not? It's a once in a lifetime opportunity after all. Why Canada? Well, first of all, I wanted to go somewhere far away since Gran Canaria is the furthest I've been from home for now. Second, Canada is known for it's high quality education just like Finland. Third, I have a very positive image about Canada; every Canadian I've met has been confusingly nice and friendly and everything I've heard about the country has been positive. Except for Harper (PM), I've already learnt that he's a d*ckhead.
My first option was Ryerson University in Toronto but I'm sure I'm going to like London and Fanshawe as much.
Who am I kidding... the one and only reason is my husband Ben Kowalewicz. (Billy Talent)



+ Who? for those who don't know me
-I am a 22 yo missus from Porvoo, Finland.
-I've got two older brothers. Everyone at the same situation knows that it's worth mentioning for both good and 'bad' reasons. At least I know how to defend myself.
-I like rock, travelling, reading, movies and all that normal crap that everyone likes.  My weakness is American TV shows.
-In 2011 I lived in Barcelona for almost 8 months working as an au pair. That was the bestest everr time in my life so far. The experience opened my eyes and started a very much needed change in my personality and got me to come out of my shell.
-Sarcasm. I like sarcasm.

I guess that's enough about that.  Comments and questions are always more that welcome!
Let's see if I can keep posting a bit more frequently than in Barcelona. Also,  I'll try to make the posts a bit shorter and more interesting this time...

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment