"I don't worry at all. I have a feeling I can do anything here. Anything can happen here. It is a little like being a child, with faith, again." - George Lukk, post-war immigrant

Thursday 2 January 2014

Packing!

I only started packing today, the day before leaving. But when I moved, I was clever enough to sort my clothes then, which made it a whole lot easier. I had three different categories: the ones that would be going back there with me, the ones that would not, and the ones that I would take with me to Canada. I'm only taking the clothes that I know I'll wear.

In total I'm allowed to take 56 kg of stuff with me (2 x 23kg + 10kg). Noooot planning on exceeding that. At the moment I've packed almost everything and my suitcase is only 17,6kg and backpack like 3kg so no worries!

This is the best ever travel related invention imo! (a bag scale)
Easy peasy pumpkin peasy! A bit blurred but note that I'm holding it up with one hand and taking a picture with the other

I went shopping on Monday and I was looking for a backpack and had a hard time deciding what I wanted so in the end I just bought one that was on sale. Accidentally it's a bit matchy-mathcy with my suitcase... Ooopsie!






I also finally went to the bank today to get some dollars. Well actually I'd gone before but I didn't want spend all day queuing in there... But this time I just had to wait. The bank opened at 10 and I was there at about 10.20. And I left at 11.10. Yay! I guess all the grannies had been waiting outside for the door to be opened... I felt a bit queasy due to not having eaten anything and I couldn't even sit down because I had to let the elderly to rest their brittle bones (no one told me to but that's just how I roll... even though I don't always like it).

That was my line number. And it was number 8's turn when I went in.

It would've been just my luck that after all that waiting they wouldn't have had any CADs but luckily they did... Love the peeking 'hole'!

I still can't really comprehend that tomorrow I'll actually be in Canada... Well maybe I'll realise it on the plane. I don't think I'll have the energy to go to downtown Toronto tomorrow and I'll probably just hang out in the hotel, but we'll see. It takes an hour to get there on public transport and the flight lands at 17.55 so it'd get quite late... But I'll have time to go there later, it's not that far!





Last supper :b

All packed and ready to go!

Aaaaaaaaahahdocdicjöjcweoc we'll see if I get any sleep this night... At least I think I've got everything ready so I won't need to worry. But I'll probably worry anyways. Ohh well, at least I get to relax and take some time to gather my thoughts at the hotel before going to London and moving in on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment